For me, fall means all things pumpkin – I LOVE to add this SUPER FOOD to anything and everything.
DID YOU KNOW that pumpkin offers a healthy dose of slow-digesting carbohydrates, fiber, beta-carotene, and a mix of other vitamins and minerals including vitamin K, A, C, and E, as well as potassium, and magnesium??……… Now you do!! 🙂
- 3 1/2 cups spelt flour
- 1 cup vanilla protein powder (optional)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp himalayan salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 2 bananas (mashed)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups pure canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare muffin pans with non stick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients until combined.
- Place in the oven and bake 22 – 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes clean and tops are golden brown.
- Let cool in muffin tin for 10 min.
- Remove from pan and finish cooling on wire rack.
Makes about 30 muffins ~ per muffin ~ 121 calories, 21gr carbs, 3gr fat, 4gr protein, 8gr sugar, 3gr fiber