These baked, almond crusted chicken strips are the BOMB! So tasty, so simple to make and the kids LOVE them – what more can you ask for?
- 6 chicken breasts (boneless & skinless)
- 1 1/2 cup plain almonds (ground)
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3/4 tsp himalayan salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place almonds into a high powered blender or food processor or coffee grinder.
- Grind down until you have a coarse texture – I like to have some almonds bits left.
- Place into a small bowl, and add garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper.
- In another small bowl, whisk the eggs.
- Slice chicken into strips.
- Dip each strip into an egg mixture, then dredge through almond mixture – covering each strip completely.
- Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes on one side, flip and bake for another 12-15 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.