Place on top of some cooked brown rice, quinoa or whole wheat pasta.
- 2 lbs chicken breast (mine was fresh organic from Costco)
- 2 cans organic diced tomatoes
- 4 handfuls of baby spinach leaves
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp dried basil (or oregano)
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese petals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken in an ovenproof dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together the tomato, spinach, garlic and basil.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken, making sure to coat completely.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese petals and pepper.
- Cover with foil and bake for 50 minutes.
- Halfway through baking, remove the foil.
- Remove from oven, replace foil and let sit for 10 minutes before eating.
Makes 6 servings ~ per serving ~ 264 calories, 8gr carbs, 4grs fat, 48gr protein, 6gr sugar, 2gr fiber