This chili not only tastes AMAZING, it is also SO good for you!! Full of veggies, beans, and my secret ingredient….cinnamon! Top with greek yogurt and a sprinkle of cheddar, even GREAT with a spoonful of cottage cheese and toasted pumpkin seeds!
- 1 lb of extra lean ground turkey
- 1 large yellow onion chopped
- 1 cup each of chopped sweet red, yellow and green peppers,celery, chopped carrots and fresh spinach
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp.chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can black beans,drained and rinsed
- 1 can red kidney beans,drained and rinsed
- 1 can kernel corn, undrained
- In a large pot brown ground turkey until fully cooked.
- Add onions,peppers,celery,carrots,spinach,garlic,and spices.
- Cook over medium-low heat,stirring often until vegetables are softened(approx.8-10 mins).
- Add tomatoes,beans,corn.
- Stir well, and simmer over low heat for 20-30 mins., stirring occasionally.
- Makes 8-10 servings.
** Top with greek yogurt and a sprinkle of cheddar. Even GREAT with a spoonful of cottage cheese and toasted pumpkin seeds!
Per serving ~ 242 calories, 31gr carb, 5gr fat, 21gr protein, 6gr sugar, 8gr fiber