I could seriously eat this yummy, chocolatey mixture by the spoonful – but, of course I won’t 😉
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup walnuts (you can use almonds as well)
- 1 cup natural chocolate protein powder (optional)
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place dates in a bowl and cover with warm water. (allow to soak for 5 minutes to soften).
- Drain all the water, except 2 Tbsp.
- Place dates, date water, and all remaining ingredients into a food processor and pulse until combined. *If you need a little more water, add 1Tbsp at a time.
- With hands, roll into 1 inch, bite size balls.
- Place pan in the fridge for about 30 mins to set.
Makes 18 balls ~ per ball ~ 78 calories, 6gr carbs, 4gr fat, 4gr protein, 4gr sugar, 1 gr fiber