A bowl of this chicken stew will warm you right down to your soul.
- 3 pounds of chicken breast (cubed)
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 carrots (peeled & sliced)
- 1 yellow onion (chopped)
- 4 stalks celery (chopped)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp sage
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 3 cups potatoes (peeled & chopped)
- 3 cups sweet potatoes (peeled & chopped)
- 1 red pepper (diced)
- 6 cups organic chicken broth
- 2 cup green peas
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Heat 1 Tbsp of olive oil in a large pot or dutch oven.
- Add the chicken and cook until no longer pink.
- Remove from pot and set aside.
- Add the onion, carrot and celery with remaining olive oil and cook until onion is slightly softened.
- Stir in the flour, seasonings and salt & pepper.
- Cook over medium heat about 2 minutes.
- Add potatoes, sweet potatoes, red pepper, chicken and broth.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for 30 minutes.
- After 30 mins, stir in the peas and cream and simmer an additional 10 minutes uncovered.
- *If wanting a thicker broth, simply combine 2 Tbsp of cornstarch with a little water and mix until smooth… slowly add to the boiling stew to reach desired consistency.