A great twist on the traditional Chicken Pot Pie recipe – my kids gobbled it up and didn’t miss the chicken one bit!
- 2 cans of white beans, (drained and rinsed)
- 2 tbsp dried rosemary
- 3/4 cup vegetable stock (plus extra if needed)
- 1 tsp himalayan salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 can chickpeas, (drained and rinsed)
- 4 cups frozen vegetable blend (carrots, green beans, corn & peas )
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped and caramelized
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 4 9-inch whole wheat pie crusts (can be found at Pomme)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place white beans, rosemary, salt, pepper and vegetable stock into a food processor and process until thick gravy consistency.
- Add more stock if needed.
- Place all ingredients (except pie crusts) in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Prepare two of the pie shells as according to package instructions.
- Fill the two prepared pie shells with mixture.
- Top with additional crusts, pressing seams together to seal.
- With a fork or knife, poke a few holes in the top to allow steam to release.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until golden brown and bubbly.