This is one of my husbands FAVORITES and the first thing I ever baked for him when we first started dating. Sometimes I like to stir in a scoop or two of vanilla or chocolate protein powder.
- 1 1/2 cups ripe mashed bananas
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups spelt flour (or whole wheat flour)
- ¼ cup ground flax
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp himalayan salt
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a 9×5 loaf pan with cooking spray or rub with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl combine all wet ingredients and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine all dry ingredients except for the chocolate chips.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to the wet mix and stir until fully blended, being sure not to over stir.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 55 mins or until toothpick comes out clean.
* or make muffins!!