- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup of raw pecans
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 scoop of chocolate protein powder
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (or raw cacao powder)
- 1/3 cup shredded unsweetened coconut + extra for rolling balls in
- Place dates in a bowl and cover with water.
- Let soak for at least 20 mins.Drain all water, except for 1 Tbsp.
- Put dates and the reserved water in a food processor.
- Add 1 cup of pecans and process until combined.
- Add in protein powder, cocoa powder, coconut and vanilla, and mix well.
- Line a baking sheet with Parchment paper and set aside.
- With your hands, roll a small amount of the mixture to form one inch balls.
- Roll in shredded coconut until covered.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- When you are all done rolling the balls, place the baking sheet in the fridge or freezer until hardened.
- Once hardened ( about 30 mins ) place balls in an airtight container and return to the freezer. They will not get “rock hard” and are perfect right out of the freezer.
Makes 14 balls – per ball – 149 Calories, 7gr Carbs, 11gr Fat, 7gr Protein, 4gr Sugar, 2gr Fiber