** WARNING ~ These are HIGHLY ADDICTIVE!
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup raw pecan halves + 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 2 scoops of chocolate protein powder
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1-2 tsp vanilla extract
- Place dates in a bowl and cover with water. Let soak for at least 20 mins.
- Drain all water, except for 1 Tbsp.
- Put dates and the reserved water in a food processor.
- Add 1 cup of pecans and process until combined.
- Add in protein powder, vanilla and spices.
- Mix well.
- Line a baking sheet with Parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the remaining pecans on a small plate.
- With your hands, roll a small amount of the mixture to form one inch balls.
- Roll each ball into chopped pecans until completely covered.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- When you are all done rolling the balls, place the baking sheet in the fridge or freezer until hardened.
- Once hardened ( about 30 mins ) place balls in an airtight container and return to the freezer. They will not get “rock hard” and are perfect right out of the freezer.
Makes 14 balls – per ball – 127 Calories, 10gr Carbs, 7gr Fat, 6gr Protein ,8gr Sugar, 2gr Fiber