- 2 1/2cups large flake oats
- 1/4 cup ground flax
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp himalayan salt
- 1 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 egg whites
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups organic chopped apple (with peel)
- 2 cups organic julienned carrot
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Prepare muffin cups with liners or non stick spray.
- In a bowl, combine the oats, flax, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and protein powder, stir until thoroughly mixed.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg white, coconut oil, applesauce, milk and vanilla.
- Stir mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until blended together.
- Add in the chopped apples, carrots, coconut and cranberries.
- Spoon the mixture evenly between the prepared muffin cups.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 -25 minutes or until oatmeal is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 mins, before removing from the pan.
Makes 18 Muffins ~ per muffin ~ 156 Calories, 15gr Carbs, 8gr Fat, 6gr Protein, 4gr Sugar, 4gr Fiber