Skip the drive thru and instead sink your teeth into one of these healthy breakfast sandwiches – packed FULL of protein to keep you energized and satisfied…..So “quick & simple” to whip up in the morning – especially when you have some “flax waffles” (recipe below) ready in the freezer.
*Simply toast 2 waffle triangles and top 1 half with a thin slice of sharp cheddar, 1 slice of cooked turkey bacon and 1 cooked egg then cover with the other half – so simple right 😉
*I love to make a large batch of these for the freezer – so perfect for busy mornings and so much better than processed packaged ones.
- 1 cup large flake oats
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 whole eggs
- 3/4 cup egg whites
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp flax seeds
- Place everything in a blender (except for the flax seeds)
- Blend until well combined and smooth.
- Spoon enough of the mixture onto a hot waffle iron.
- Sprinkle with flax seeds.
- Close the lid.
- Cook until set and golden brown.
- Makes about 3 large Belgian waffles