A new twist on an old favorite. Using mashed cauliflower in lieu of potatoes.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 cup carrots ( sliced)
- 1 cup celery (chopped)
- 1 sm yellow onion (dice)
- himalayan salt & black pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 1/2 tsps Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large cauliflower
- sea salt & black pepper
- 1 chopped yellow onion
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
Directions for Topping
- Wash and chop cauliflower into small pieces.
- Place cauliflower into a steamer and steam until soft.
- Place steamed cauliflower, onion, garlic, greek yogurt and salt & pepper, in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large frying pan, brown ground turkey until no longer pink.
- Once cooked, add carrots, celery, onions, and spices and cook until softened.
- Stir in peas & carrots.
- Add turkey mixture to an ovenproof casserole dish.
- Spoon the mashed cauliflower over top.
- Spread with a fork to fully cover the turkey mixture.
- Sprinkle with more salt & pepper.
- Place in the oven for 25 minutes or until cauliflower starts to brown.
- Remove from oven.
Serves 6 – per serving – 221 Calories, 24gr Carbs, 4gr Fat, 24gr Protein, 9gr Sugar, 7gr Fiber