This makes one VERY large batch….for smaller families, simply half all the ingredients.
GREAT eaten as a cereal, stirred into yogurt, or as a topping on thawed frozen berries. Even place in snack size ziploc baggies and use as a quick grab and go snack.
- 6 cups large flake oats
- ½ cup raw sunflower seeds
- ½ cup unsalted pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup raw slivered almonds
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup wheat bran
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup dried apricots
- 1/4 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients EXCEPT for the salt, dried fruit and nut butter.
- Distribute evenly amongst the two lined baking sheets and toast until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix together salt, dried fruit and peanut butter in a large bowl, add toasted mixture and combine well.
- Pour mixture back onto baking sheets and press down evenly.( I like to moisten my fingers to keep them from sticking to the mixture).
- Return to oven and bake for an additional 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool completely and place in a airtight container – (I like keep it in the fridge).
Makes about 24 ½ cup servings.
Per serving – 230 calories, 26g carbs, 14g fat, 11g protein, 11g sugar, 6g fiber