- 1 lb of lean ground turkey
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 can diced tomatoes ( 28oz)
- 1 – 1 ½ cup salsa
- 2-3 tsp cumin
- 1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 can kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 can corn (drained)
- 4 large whole grain flax tortillas, ( I used mountain bread, natural wraps this time)
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 13X9 inch baking dish with cooking spray. In a large frying pan brown ground turkey.
- Add onions, and garlic, Cook and stir over medium heat until onions are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a large saucepan and add tomatoes, salsa, and cumin.
- Stir in black beans, kidney beans and corn .Remove from heat.
- Spread 1/3 of the turkey/bean mixture over the bottom of prepared pan.
- Cover with 2 of the tortillas (overlapping as needed) and top with ½ the cheese.
- Spoon another 1/3 of turkey/bean mixture on top of cheese, followed by remaining tortillas, and last of the turkey/bean mixture.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove foil and broil until golden brown.
- Let cool for about 10 mins before slicing.
**GREAT topped with plain greek yogurt or sour cream.
Serves 8 – per serving – 379 Calories, 42gr Carbs, 12gr Fat, 29gr Protein, 8gr Sugar, 10gr Fiber