Who doesn’t love peanut butter and jam!? These Pb & Fruit Energy Balls are a nice way to enjoy the flavors you love, while getting in a little extra protein! They are the PERFECT snack to give my kids energy before their sports. Also GREAT as a pre/post workout snack for myself.
- 1 cup large flake oats
- 1 cup organic puffed rice
- 2 scoops protein powder (chocolate or vanilla) (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup dried fruit ( I used chopped dried apricots & cranberries)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped raw almonds
- 3/4 cup natural peanut butter (softened)
- 1/3 cup pure honey (warmed)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix until combined – I like to use my hands and knead the mixture into a big ball. ( if mixture is a little dry, slowly add a little more almond milk, about 1 Tbsp at a time – you DO NOT want the mixture too wet.
- With clean hands, pull apart about 1 Tbsp full and start forming 1 inch balls place balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place and store prepared balls in the fridge.
- Or transfer to a freezer safe container.
- I keep mine in the freezer, no need to thaw, they are ready to pop in your mouth and eat!!
Makes 28 balls – per ball – 93 Calories, 11gr Carbs , 4gr Fat, 5gr Protein, 6gr Sugar, 2gr Fiber