So yummy, so healthy and oh so good for you. I love making this simple salad as part of my weekly meal prep, because it is packed with protein, veggies and nutrients. So great to eat on its own, or as a simple side along a grilled protein.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 large yellow onion (chopped)
- 4 large carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 6 celery stalks (chopped)
- 1 yellow pepper (chopped)
- 4 cups broccoli (small pieces)
- 1 can chickpeas (drained & rinsed)
- 1-2 tsp dill
- 1-2 tsp basil
- 1-2 tsp garlic powder
- Himalayan salt & pepper (to taste)
- 2 cups grape tomatoes ( sliced in half)
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbles
- Place cooked quinoa in a large bowl.
- Add avocado oil to a large frying pan, heat on medium high heat.
- Add all the vegetables ( except chickpeas and tomatoes) and cook until soft.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Combine veggie mixture with the quinoa.
- Stir in chickpeas, grape tomatoes and spices.
- Top with the feta cheese crumbles.
- Stir to combine.
Makes 8 large servings – per serving – 305 calories, 50gr carbs, 7gr fat, 13gr protein, 6gr sugar, 8 gr fiber