I am all about simple and this recipe is as simple as it gets.
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large yellow onion
- 3 bell peppers (orange, yellow, red)
- 1 -2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 jar organic marinara sauce
- 2- 3 large handfuls of baby spinach
- Slice onion and peppers into 1/2 inch strips.
- Place in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Top with chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the seasoning.
- Cover with marinara sauce.
- Cover with lid and cook on high for 4 hrs.
- Once cooked, remove chicken breasts and slice or shred pieces.
- Return to the pot and stir in the spinach.
- Serve with whole grain pasta, quinoa, sprouted rice, spaghetti squash, on top of a baked potato…. or simply on its own!