These are so tasty – Top with homemade chipotle sauce, lettuce, and avocado slices…or simply crumble on a bed of romaine leaves and make a simple taco salad.
- 1 19 oz can black beans (rinsed & drained)
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil (or EVOO)
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 cup large flake oats
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 4 frozen spinach nuggets (thawed & squeezed dry)
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds (toasted)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- himalayan salt and pepper to taste
- Place beans in a large bowl and mash.
- Add in remaining ingredients.
- Mix until well combined.
- With clean hands, form into 4-6 patties.
- Cook on a hot frying pan or grill until cooked through and golden brown on each side.
Homemade Chipotle Sauce
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- dash of himalayan salt
- Simply stir all ingredients until combined.