A family favorite – My youngest says he could eat this every night!
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 cup carrots (sliced)
- 1 cup celery (chopped)
- 1 sm yellow onion (chopped)
- himalayan salt & black pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 1/2 tsps Worcestershire sauce
- 4 – 6 medium sweet potatoes
Directions for Topping
- Peel sweet potatoes.
- Cut into cubes.
- Place in a large pot with water and bring to a boil.
- Once soft, drain water and mash until smooth.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large frying pan, brown ground turkey until no longer pink.
- Once cooked, add carrots, celery, onions, corn, peas and spices and cook until softened.
- Add turkey mixture to an ovenproof casserole dish.
- Spoon the mashed sweet potato over top.
- Spread with a fork to fully cover the turkey mixture.
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Place in the oven for 25 minutes or until sweet potato starts to brown
- Remove from oven.
Serves 6 – per serving – 310 Calories, 47gr Carbs, 4gr Fat, 21gr Protein, 11gr Sugar, 8gr Fiber