This hearty stew is the PERFECT comfort, for those crisp, fall nights.
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb of lean ground turkey
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp himalayan salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 28oz can of diced tomatoes
- 15 oz can white kidney beans (drained & rinsed)
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 4 large handfuls of baby spinach
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock or water
- In a large pot over medium heat, add olive oil, turkey and seasonings.
- Brown turkey until fully cooked.
- Add onion to pot and cook until softened.
- Add peppers cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and tomatoes.
- Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add the beans, kale and chopped sweet potato.
- Cover with the stock or water and stir.
- Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat and then allow mixture to simmer for 20 minutes.
Serves 6-8 – Per serving (1.5 cups) – 303 Calories, 29gr Carbs, 10gr Fat, 25gr Protein, 5gr Sugar, 4gr Fiber