After all the holiday indulging, I was craving something warm, comforting and healthy! I subbed in lentils for the traditional red kidney beans and I think I just made a NEW FAVORITE!! Hope you like it!
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1lb lean ground turkey
- 1 yellow onion (chopped)
- 3 large carrots (peeled & chopped)
- 1 large red pepper (chopped)
- 4 large handfuls of baby spinach
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 can lentils (drained & rinsed)
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- himalayan salt & black pepper
- In a large pot over medium – high heat, heat olive oil.
- Add ground turkey and onion and cook until meat is no longer pink.
- Add red pepper & carrots and saute the vegetables are soft.
- Stir in spinach and spices.
- Add lentils, tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, lower the heat to medium-low and simmer.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- *Top with plain greek yogurt, avocado cubes and shredded cheese.
Makes 6 ~ 1.5 cup servings ~ per serving ~ 281 Calories, 24gr Carbs, 11gr Fat, 20gr Protein, 6gr Sugar, 6gr Fiber