- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 yellow onion (chopped)
- 1/2 red pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 yellow pepper (chopped)
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- 2 -3 Tbsp taco seasoning (recipe below)
- 1 can black beans, (drained & rinsed)
- 1 cup organic corn
- 1 1/2 cups cheese (shredded)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Add the ground turkey and taco seasoning and cook until meat is no longer pink.
- Add onion, peppers & spinach and saute until veggies are tender.
- Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cooked quinoa, black beans, corn and meat mixture.
- Pour into a large casserole dish and stir in 1/2 the cheese.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Place in the oven and bake until the cheese is bubbly & melted (about 20 minutes)
Makes 6 servings ~ per serving ~ 471 Calories, 44gr carbs, 19gr fat, 34gr protein, 6gr sugar, 9gr fiber,
*Great with plain greek yogurt, avocado slices and salsa!
- ¼ cup chili powder
- ¼ cup cumin powder
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 2 Tbsp himalayan salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- Place all ingredients into a jar and shake well.
- Secure with a lid and store for up to six months.
- Makes approximately 3/4 cup.
- To use as you would any store bought taco seasoning.
- *3 Tbsp is equivalent to 1 packet of store bought taco seasoning.