- 1 lb of lean ground turkey
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 4 cups of chopped veggies ( carrots, celery, mixed peppers, mushrooms)
- 3 large handfuls of baby spinach
- 1 can (790ml) organic diced tomatoes
- 1 can (398ml) organic tomato sauce
- 2-3 tsp cumin
- 1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 4 large whole grain flax tortillas, ( I used mountain bread, natural wraps this time)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (mozzarella, cheddar and parmesan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 13X9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large pot brown ground turkey.
- Add onions, garlic, and cumin.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until onions are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add carrots, celery, peppers, mushrooms and spinach.
- Cook until vegetables are softened.
- Add tomatoes & tomato sauce.
- Stir in black beans.
- Remove from heat.
- Spread 1/3 of the turkey/bean mixture over the bottom of prepared pan.
- Cover with 2 of the tortillas (overlapping as needed) .
- Spoon another 1/3 of turkey/bean mixture on top of tortillas, plus a sprinkle of the cheese.
- Followed by remaining tortillas, and last of the turkey/bean mixture.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove foil and broil until golden brown.
- Let cool for about 10 mins before slicing.
Serves 8 – per serving – 345 Calories, 38gr Carbs, 11gr Fat, 26gr Protein, 12gr Sugar, 8gr Fiber