This soup got thumbs up all around the table, with a “this is the BEST mom” – I’ll take that as a WIN!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp garlic (minced)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1tsp dried thyme
- 4 cups organic vegetable broth + 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 4 large handfuls of baby spinach
- 1 (19 oz) can white beans (drained & rinsed)
- himalayan salt & black pepper (to taste)
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat olive oil.
- Add garlic and onion, and cook until onions have become translucent.
- Stir in thyme and basil.
- Slowly pour in vegetable stock and water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in quinoa and reduce heat and simmer for about 10-12 minutes.
- Stir in baby spinach and beans.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Evenly scoop into 6 bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese petals.
Serves 6 ~ per serving ~ 227 calories, 36gr carbs, 4gr fat, 10gr protein, 2gr sugar, 7gr fiber