I have a family of six and this recipe makes enough for two meals. If your family is smaller, simply ½ the recipe.
2 375gr box of whole wheat elbow macaroni
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2.5 cups milk
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- ¼ whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- himalayan salt/black pepper
- 2 tsp onion powder
**Whisk constantly on medium/high heat until hot & thickened, being sure not to scald the milk.
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tomatoes sliced thinly
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare pasta as directed on box, once cooked, drain water and place in a 9×13 or slightly larger, oven safe dish.
- In a medium size saucepan, constantly whisk sauce ingredients until thickened (about 5 mins).
- Once thickened, pour over prepared pasta, stir to make sure it is all covered.
- Top with cheese and tomato slices.
- Bake for 30 mins, switching to a broil for the last 5 mins until cheese is bubbling and golden brown.
Makes 12 servings – per serving 358 Calories, 50gr Carbs, 10gr Fat, 15gr Protein, 5gr Sugar, 7gr Fiber