- 2 1/2 cups large flake oats
- 1/4 cup ground flax
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp himalayan salt
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped apple (with peel)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray or rub with coconut oil.
- In a bowl, combine the oats, flax, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg,salt and protein powder, stir until thoroughly mixed.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg white, sugar, applesauce, milk and vanilla.
- Stir mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until blended together.
- Add in the chopped apples.
- Spoon the mixture evenly between the prepared muffin cups.
- Sprinkle with additional cinnamon.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 -25 minutes or until oatmeal is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 mins, before removing from the pan.
Makes 12 Muffins ~ per muffin ~ 134 Calories, 10gr Carbs, 1gr Fat, 4gr Protein, 8gr Sugar, 1gr Fiber