Ooooh these turned out AMAZING and definitely didn’t last long in my house.
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 cup unfed sourdough starter
- 1 Tbsp instant yeast
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (sub in 1 cup spelt or whole wheat)
- 1/4 cup powdered milk
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp himalayan salt
- 2 Tbsp butter (melted)
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- Himalayan salt
- Place the first 8 ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix by hand or with a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook until it forms a dough.
- Cover the bowl and let dough rest for about 1 hour at room temperature.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly greased surface and fold and shape into a rectangle.
- Divide equally into 12 pieces.
- Roll out one piece at a time into a rope about 18 inches long.
- Loop and twist each piece into a pretzel shape.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Brush each pretzel with egg white wash and sprinkle with salt.
- Place into the oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.