- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup large flake oats (not instant)
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp natural peppermint extract
- 2 peppermint candy canes
- Place dates in a bowl and cover with water. Let soak for at least 20 mins.
- Once soften, drain all but 1 tbs of the liquid.
- Add dates, almonds, oats and 1 candy cane to food processor and process until well mixed and chopped down.
- Add remaining ingredients (minus candy cane) and process until combined .
- Using damp hands, form into 1″ balls.
- Crush remaining candy cane to fine pieces and press the top of each ball into the pieces.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place in the freezer to set ( 30 mins)
- Store in an airtight container – great to eat directly from the freezer.
Makes 13 medium size balls – per ball – 147 Calories, 18gr Carbs, 5gr Fat, 8gr Protein, 10gr Sugar, 3gr Fiber
or 26 small balls – per ball – 74 Calories, 9gr Carbs, 2.5 gr Fat, 4gr Protein, 5 gr Sugar, 2gr Fiber