If you like carrot cake you are going to LOVE these!
- 1 cup carrots
- ½ cup raw walnuts
- 1 cup pitted dates chopped
- 1 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1 Tbs ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cloves
- unsweetened, shredded coconut (for rolling in )
- Place dates in a bowl and cover with water. Let soak for at least 20 mins.
- Drain all water, except for 1 Tbsp.
- In a food processor, pulse the carrots until shredded. Remove and set aside.
- Add the walnuts to the processor and pulse until chopped fine.
- Add in chopped dates and pulse until combined (will take a few minutes).
- Next, add in the protein powder, spices and shredded carrots, (leaving out the coconut) and pulse until well mixed.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Sprinkle about a ½ cup of coconut on a plate.
- This is where things will get messy 🙂 and you will want to move quickly…….with your hands, roll a small amount of the mixture to form one inch balls.
- Roll each ball into the coconut until completely covered.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- When you are all done rolling the balls, place the baking sheet in the fridge or freezer until hardened.
- Once hardened (about 30 mins ) place balls in a airtight container and return to the freezer.
- They are perfect right out of the freezer.
Makes 14 balls – per ball – 125 Calories 14gr Carbs, 5gr Fat, 7gr Protein, 9gr Sugar, 3gr Fiber