Comforting, nourishing and delicious – what more could you want from a soup….. okay and simple LOL. This “Chickpea” Soup is all that and more!!
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion (chopped)
- 4 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 4 large carrots (chopped)
- 4 large celery stalks (chopped)
- 4 cups cauliflower (roughly chopped)
- 1 Tbsp thyme
- 1 Tbsp parsley
- 1 Tbsp oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 7 cups organic veggie broth
- 1 can chickpeas (drained & rinsed)
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- himalayan salt & pepper (to taste)
- In a large soup pot, heat oil.
- Add onions, garlic, carrots, celery, cauliflower, thyme, parsley, oregano and bay leaf and sauté until the veggies are semi softened.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling reduce heat to a simmer and stir in the chickpeas and rice.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.