LOVE being able to pick fresh zucchini and vegetables from my garden. These muffins are a SIMPLE and healthy snack and kid approved!
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat or spelt flour
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder (optional) (about 1 cup)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp himalayan salt
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 3 cups grated zucchini ( squeezed dry)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray muffin pans with nonstick spray ( or grease with coconut oil).
- Combine all ingredients together, except zucchini.
- Once combined, gently stir in zucchini and walnuts.
- Divide evenly amongst muffin tins.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25 mins or until done.
Makes 20 muffins – per muffin 119 Calories, 16gr Carbs, 4gr Fat, 6gr protein, 4gr Sugar, 2gr Fiber