This is absolutely my MOST favorite pizza ~ all the flavors compliment each other perfectly. Even better the next day for lunch…if there’s any left overs that is!
- 1 large whole wheat pizza shell
- 1 butternut squash – peeled, diced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 red onion – sliced into wedges
- 1 tsp himalayan salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes ( not in oil)
- 3 Tbsp basil pesto
- 1 cup cooked grilled chicken slices OR 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup shredded asiago cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix squash, onion, salt, pepper and oil until combined.
- Spread mixture onto parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and roast about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until squash is tender.
- Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Spread pesto over pizza shell.
- Top with squash mixture, sun dried tomatoes, chicken (walnuts) and cheeses.
- Place in the oven and bake 10 -15 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.