- 1 1/4 cups spelt flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp himalayan salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk + 1/2 tsp vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare a 12 cup muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, mix the whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add the vinegar to the milk, and mix.
- In another bowl, add the eggs,pineapple, sugar, vanilla extract and coconut oil and mix.
- Slowly add in the flour and milk mixture.
- Stir until everything is combined.
- Pour the batter evenly to fill up the cupcake 2/3 full.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 14-18 minutes or a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely, then frost with desired icing (recipe below).
- Top with colorful chocolate Easter eggs and sprinkles.
Makes 12 cupcakes ~ Per cupcake (with frosting) ~ 181 calories, 28gr Carbs, 6gr fat, 5gr protein, 18gr sugar, 2gr Fiber
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Place a fine-mesh strainer over a small bowl.
- Place yogurt into the strainer.
- Wrap with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to drain excess liquid from yogurt, (at least two hours and preferably overnight).
- Whisk all ingredients with an electric hand mixer on medium speed until thicken (about 2 minutes).
- Cover and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Recipe makes enough frosting for 12 cupcakes.