I scream, you scream, we all scream for POPSICLES! So SIMPLE to make, and require no special tools other then a blender, a popsicle mold, a freezer, and a little imagination. So get CREATIVE ~ the popsicle possibilities are endless!
Homemade popsicles! LOVE knowing exactly what goes in them, unlike most store bought popsicles which are FULL of artificial coloring, flavorings and sugar –YUCK! Plus a few of these have added protein ~ making for a great post workout treat!
Here are a few of my favorites ~
Sliced Fruit with Coconut Water
These not only taste AMAZING, they look so pretty once set – use one kind of fruit or mix & match to create your own flavor!
- Fruit of your choice ~ strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, peaches or raspberries
- Coconut water or white grape juice
- Place sliced fruit in the Popsicle mold.
- Top molds with coconut water or white grape juice
- Freeze until set
Mixed Berry Protein-sicles
These are GREAT with or with out the added protein powder.
- 2 cups of mixed berries (I used frozen)
- 1 cup 0% fat plain greek yogurt
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- ½ cup water
- Place all the ingredients in a blender.
- Blend on high speed until fully mixed.
- Pour into popsicle molds.
- Freeze until set.
** Made 13 “protein-sicles”, roughly 45 cals each!
Layered Strawberry ~ Vanilla Swirl
My family likes strawberry, but you could use any fruit for these. Also try using different flavored yogurts – Lemon is YUMMY as well!!
- 2.5 cups fresh strawberries
- A squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- 1.5 cups of vanilla flavored no fat greek yogurt
- Place strawberries and lemon juice in a blender
- Blend until smooth
- Add 2 Tbs or so of yogurt to the bottom of each popsicle mold
- Top with 2 Tbs of strawberry mixture
- Continue layering until full
Freeze until set
Pb& Banana Protein Fudgesicles
Peanut butter, chocolate & Banana = the PERFECT combination to me!!
- 1 cup 0% fat, plain greek yogurt
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced
- 2 scoops chocolate protein powder
- 1 Tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened raw cacao powder
- ½ cup of water or almond milk
- * Pretzel stick – optional
- Place all ingredients in a blender
- Blend until smooth and fully mixed.
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds.
- Place in the freezer to set.
*For a special touch, use a long pretzel for the stick – making the whole thing edible!
** To remove from molds, run molds under warm-hot water for a few secs.
*** This recipe made 10, for roughly 75 calories each.