One of my favorite ways to spend a rainy fall morning, is in my kitchen “playing” and coming up with a new recipe. LOVE how this “Simple Apple Cinnamon Granola” turned out. Ooooh AND the best part…..so simple!!
- 5 cups large flake oats
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cups raw walnuts (coarsely chopped)
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 cup raw honey (or pure maple syrup)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 medium apple (chopped)
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 8 pitted dates (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, chia seeds walnuts, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves, mix well.
- Heat honey and oil in small saucepan over low heat, until oil has melted.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Add honey mixture, apple, and raisins.
- Mix until oat mixture is evenly coated.
- Place on prepared baking pan, spread evenly layer.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, or until granola is light golden brown.
- Cool granola completely.
- Divide into containers ( I like using mason jars) secure with a lid.
- Store a jar in the fridge and the remaining in the freezer.