Pepper, Onion & Spinach Stuffed Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large red pepper (sliced in thin strips)
- 1 yellow onion (sliced in thin strips)
- a couple of handfuls of baby spinach
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- himalayan salt & black pepper
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- With a sharp knife, slice chicken breasts like bun, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Set aside.
- Place avocado oil, peppers, onions and spinach, salt & pepper, in a frying pan and saute until tender and spinach is wilted.
- Divide pepper & onion mixture among the chicken breasts (over stuff them).
- Top each breast with 1 Tbsp of feta and 1 Tbsp of mozzarella.
- Fold over other side of the breast and secure with a tooth pick if needed.
- Transfer to prepared pan and sprinkle with more salt & pepper.
- Place pan in the oven.
- Bake until cooked through about 30-40 mins.
- Remove from the oven.