My kids devoured these! SO much better than the processed pizza pockets and such out there!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp ground flax
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp each himalayan salt and dried oregano
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- ½ cup finely chopped red or green sweet pepper
- 2 turkey pepperoni sticks thinly sliced
- ¼ cup pizza or pasta sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar / mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease muffin tin with coconut oil or nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together yogurt, egg whites and coconut oil until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, basil and baking soda until combined.
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients and stir until well combined. The dough will be very thick ~ add a little warm water if needed and use your hands to combine.
- Add sweet pepper, turkey pepperoni and 1/2 of the shredded cheese.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups, dividing evenly. Spoon 1 tsp pizza sauce on top of each muffin and sprinkle each with remaining shredded cheese
- Place in the oven and bake about 20 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool in pan at least 5 minutes before removing, then cool completely on a wire rack.
- Freeze muffins in an airtight container