Using quinoa instead of rice – adds some EXTRA
- 6 bell peppers (top cut off and hollowed out) *chop tops and add to the mixx
- 1.5 lbs of grass-fed ground beef
- 2 Tbsp of homemade taco seasoning or 1 store bought pack (recipe below)
- 1.5 cups black beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1.5 cups corn
- 1.5 cups tomato sauce
- 1.5 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/3 cup grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place peppers into a baking dish and set aside.
- In a large pan, brown ground beef.
- Pour in taco seasoning. Stir to combine.
- Add black beans, corn, tomato sauce and cooked quinoa.
- Fill each pepper with the filling.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Place into the oven and cook for 25 minutes and the cheese is melted and brown.
- *Taco Seasoning
- 4 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 Tbsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp himalayan salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp minced dried onion
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- Add all the spices to a mason jar or large zip-seal bag. Close and shake until fully combined.