Oh my!! This is ABSOLUTELY delicious!! Creamy, cheesy, healthy and simply yummy!!
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 cup quinoa (dry)
- 4 cups of broccoli (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup whole wheat panko
- himalayan salt & black pepper (to taste)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk (or milk)
- 1 1/2 cups of your favorite cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare a 9×13 casserole pan with nonstick spray.
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- When quinoa is done cooking, remove lid and stir in the broccoli.
- Replace the lid, allowing broccoli to soften (about 3 mins).
- Place ground turkey into a frying pan and cook until no longer pink.
- In a separate large pot, over medium heat, melt coconut oil.
- Once melted, whisk in flour until lightly browned.
- Gradually add in milk, whisking constantly, until slightly thickened.
- Stir in the greek yogurt and 1 cup of the cheese.
- Add in cooked quinoa, broccoli, ground turkey to the mixture and stir until combined.
- Season with salt & pepper (to taste).
- Pour broccoli mixture into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and panko.
- Place into the oven and bake until cheese is melted and golden brown, about 35 mins.
— Makes 6-8 servings ~ Per serving ~ 357 Calories, 24gr Carbs,18gr Fat, 23gr Protein, 4gr Sugar, 3gr Fiber