Love the addition of asparagus in this simple Mediterranean salad. Perfect as is, or add a some grilled meat, canned tuna or hard boiled egg to up the protein content.
- 1/2 pound asparagus (trimmed))
- 1 english long cucumber (chopped)
- 1 small red onion(chopped)
- 1cup grape tomato (halved)
- 2 large cup yellow/orange bell peppers (seeded & chopped)
- 1 can chickpeas (rinsed & drained)
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- himalayan salt and fresh black pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 cup apple cider vinegar (or your favorite)
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- pinch of salt and pepper
Simply whisk ingredients together, or place into a small mason jar, secure with a lid and shake to combine.
- Place the asparagus in a large pot of boiling water, and remove it in exactly 60 seconds.
- Remove, and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking and preserve the color.
- Once completely cold, dry on a clean towel.
- Cut the stalks into 2 inch pieces.
- Add the asparagus, and other ingredients to a large bowl.
- Toss with dressing to thoroughly coat, and season with salt and pepper to taste.