Chickpea & Lentil Curried Stew
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 diced onion
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 heaping Tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 can chickpeas (rinsed & drained)
- 1 cup riced lentils (cooked to package instructions)
- 1 can organic diced tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add onion and spices and sauté until soft.
- Stir in carrots and tomato paste and cook until carrots are tender.
- Add the chickpeas, lentils, broccoli, diced tomatoes.
- Stir in coconut milk and maple syrup.
- Bring mixture to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Cook for 20 minutes with constant stirring until it’s well reduced.
- Stir in peas.
- Salt to taste
- Enjoy with cooked rice or cauliflower rice.