I LOVE “simple” meals like this…simple, healthy ingredients and simple to make. Top with some sliced avocado and you have a healthy, balanced meal!!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 lbs hormone free ground turkey
- 1 large yellow onion (chopped)
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach
- 2 (796 ml) cans of organic diced tomatoes
- 1 cup organic tomato sauce
- 1 (48oz) can of red kidney beans
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp Chili powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin powder
- 1 cup ( dry) quinoa
- 2 cups organic chicken broth
- Heat oil in a large pot and add ground turkey and onions.
- Cook until meat is no longer pink.
- Add spices, spinach, beans & tomatoes and sauce.
- Stir in quinoa and broth.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Stir, cover and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Let simmer for 15-20 mins until quinoa is cooked.
Serve with avocado, shredded cheese, flax tortilla chips ( optional)
Makes about 10 ( 1 1/2 cup) servings ~ per serving ~ 322 calories, 36gr carbs, 8gr fat, 28gr protein, 4gr sugar, 9gr fiber