I LOVE the simplicity of the crock pot…simply place ingredients in the pot, set the timer and walk away until done – #puregenius.. And the BEST part, your house smells AMAZING all day long!!
2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts (cut into 1-inch pieces)
1 yellow onion (chopped)
1 Tbsp minced garlic
2 Tbsp curry powder
- 2 tsp turmeric
2 tsp ground ginger
Himalayan salt & black pepper ( to taste)
1 (19oz) can chickpeas (drained & rinsed)
1 (28oz) can diced tomatoes (undrained)
1 cup organic chicken broth
4 large handfuls of fresh baby spinach
4 cups hot cooked brown rice
- Lightly coat slow cooker with non stick spray.
- Add chicken, onion, garlic, curry powder, ginger, salt, and pepper, toss to coat.
- Stir in chickpeas, tomatoes, and broth.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- Stir in spinach and let stand for 2 to 3 minutes or until spinach starts to wilt.
- Serve with 1/2 cup of cooked rice.
Makes 8, 1 1/2 cup servings