This “Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread” is so moist & chocolatey, its hard to believe it’s so good for you!! I always like double or triple my recipes to share with friends – but the question is, one for me two to share….Or the other way around?? lol
- 1 3/4 cups spelt flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1¼ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1½ cups shredded zucchini (squeeze out excess moisture)
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 9×5 loaf pan with coconut oil.
- In a medium size bowl, add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt and stir to combine.
- In a separate large bowl, combine sugar, coconut oil, eggs, applesauce and vanilla extract.
- Whisk together until well blended.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir to combine.
- Stir in the zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
- Place in the oven and bake for 50-65 minutes, or until a knife or toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 10 servings ~ per serving ~ 188 calories, 31gr carbs, 8gr fat, 2gr protein,12gr sugar,4gr fiber