This may be my new favorite “salad in a jar”!!…Okay actually I LOVE them all 🙂 I was a little worried at first adding in the avocado, thinking it may go brown, but was pleasantly surprised that it didn’t 🙂 Simply placing it next to the red onion keeps it green and fresh!!
- Organic salsa ( I use about 1/4 cup in each jar)
- Plain greek yogurt ( about 2 Tbsp in each jar)
- Grape tomatoes (halved) (1/3 cup in each jar)
- 1 red onion (chopped) (1/4 cup in each jar)
- Avocado (peeled & cubed) (1/3 of fruit)
- Red pepper (chopped) (1/3 cup in each jar)
- Frozen organic corn (thawed) (1/4 -1/2 cup in each jar)
- Black beans (drained & rinsed) (1/4 -1/2 cup in each jar)
- Romaine lettuce (chopped)
- Pour 1/4 cup of salsa into a 1 liter mason jar.
- Top with greek yogurt.
- Add grape tomatoes and red onion.
- Top with 1/3 of avocado… (the red onion helps to keep the avocado from browning).
- Add remaining ingredients in order, ending with the romaine.
- Store in the fridge for 3-5 days.
- Simply pour into a bowl and top with a little grated cheese if desired.