I absolutely love the simplicity of “Salad In A Jar”…and that I can change it up each and every time…and lunch is ready and can be eaten “on the go”………this “Greek Salad In A Jar” is a simple combo of tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion chickpeas, sweet peppers, feta, kalamata olives and crisp greens….dressed in a simple Balsamic dressing……..just remember RULE #1 dressing on the bottom and greens on the top!!
- Simple Balsamic dressing (recipe below)
- grape tomatoes (halved)
- cucumber (chopped)
- red onion (chopped)
- red & yellow peppers (chopped)
- chickpeas (rinsed & drained)
- kalamata olives (pitted,sliced or chopped)
- feta cheese (crumbled)
- spinach or romaine lettuce
- Starting with the dressing and ending with the spinach or romaine lettuce, layer all ingredients into a large mason jar.
- Place on a secure lid and store in the fridge, good for 3-5 days.
- When ready to eat, simply empty contents into a bowl and ENJOY.
Simple Balsamic Dressing (makes enough for 6 jars)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive or avocado oil
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- himalayan salt & black pepper (to taste)
- In a small bowl whisk together all dressing ingredients.