A wet and cold winters day calls for a hot bowl of chili. This recipe also makes enough to be enjoyed the next day too.
- 2 lbs grass fed ground beef
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 Tbsp cumin
- 3 carrots (peeled & chopped)
- 4 celery stalks (chopped)
- 1 (19oz) can red kidney beans (rinsed & drained)
- 1 (28oz) can diced tomatoes (not drained)
- 1 jar tomato sauce
- 2 large handfuls of baby spinach
- himalayan salt & pepper (to taste)
- In a large pot heat oil over med/high heat.
- Add beef and the onion and garlic and cook until beef is browned.
- Stir in spices.
- Add veggies and cook until tender.
- Add beans, tomatoes and sauce.
- Stir in spinach.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes.