There’s something to be said about being able to go into your back garden, pick summer fresh vegetables and create something fabulous with them. This “Zucchini & Sweet Potato Bake” has been a family favorite for a couple of years now and I’m sure for years to come!!
- 2 medium yellow onions (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (peeled & sliced thinly)
- 2 medium zucchini (sliced thinly)
- 2 medium yellow zucchini (sliced thinly)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes (sliced in half)
- 2 tsp dried italian seasoning
- himalayan salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup smoked cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1/3 cup whole wheat panko (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat coconut oil in a frying pan, once melted add onion and garlic.
- Generously sprinkle with salt & pepper and saute until softened.
- Spread cooked onion & garlic in the bottom of a 11×14 pan.
- Place the sweet potato and zucchini in the baking dish vertically, in an alternating pattern.
- Top with a rows of grape tomato halves.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and italian seasoning.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 mins, remove the foil and cover with cheese and panko.
- Return to the oven and broil until the cheese and panko are golden brown.