There’s nothing like a bowl of homemade granola and this might just be my NEW FAVORITE – I love that I can control what goes into the mix to lower the sugar content and up the nuts 🙂 YUM!! This mix is great with unsweetened almond or coconut milk or simply on its own. It also makes a great snack while hiking.
- 3 cups large flake oats
- 2 cups organic puffed rice
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 Tbsp hemp seeds
- 3 Tbsp flax seeds
- 3 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup banana chips (broken pieces)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 large eggs
- 1/3 cup egg whites (whipped together with the egg)
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp himalayan salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (softened)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients EXCEPT for the nut butter, coconut oil and chocolate chips.
- Distribute evenly among the two lined baking sheets and toast until golden brown, about 15 -20 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix together peanut butter and coconut oil in a large bowl.
- Add toasted mixture and combine well.
- Pour mixture back onto baking sheets and press down evenly.
- Return to oven and bake for an additional 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool completely and toss in the chocolate chips.
- Place in a airtight container (s) store in the fridge or freezer.
Makes about 24 ½ cup servings.
Per serving ~ 257 calories, 20g carbs, 16g fat, 6g protein, 6g sugar, 5g fiber